- Michael Teel, grandson of Raley’s founder, Tom Raley, leads the chain as President & CEO.
- Joyce Raley Teel is named fifth in nation among women business owners by Working Woman and Forbes magazines.
- Raley’s corporate office is located in West Sacramento, CA.
- Thomas P. Raley opened his first Raley’s Grocery store in 1935 in Placerville, CA. As of 2015, Raley’s entered the third generation of family ownership.
- Raley’s is voted Number One supermarket chain in the nation by readers of a leading national consumer magazine three times – in 1997, 2000 and 2003 – and in 2012 ranked among the top 10.
- In 2015, Raley’s was recognized as the Freshest Supermarket in the Western U.S and top five Best Store Brands at the Supermarket by a leading consumer magazine.
- In 2014, Raley’s was honored by a leading consumer magazine as the Best Pharmacy in the West.
- Raley’s was awarded Green Grocer Award in March 2010 by Progressive Grocer.
- In 2015, Raley’s launched our Sustainable Seafood program, which focused on responsible sourcing and the wellbeing of the oceans. Raley’s set a goal of 100% sustainable sourcing by 2017.
- The GreenChill Award is an US EPA Partnership with food retailers to reduce refrigerant emissions and decrease their impact on the ozone layer and climate change. Four Raley’s stores have received the GreenChill award, with the Petaluma store receiving gold standard for seven consecutive years.
- Raley’s has been ranked Number One in the Sacramento Business Journal’s list of Corporate Philanthropy – Direct Giving for five consecutive years, beginning in 2008. Raley’s proudly donates to organizations in our communities throughout Northern California and Nevada.
- Food for Families is a dedicated non-profit charitable organization (501 (c) (3)), established for the Raley’s Family of Fine Stores that allows us to provide individual communities local support to address food insecurity. For more information about Food For Families, click here.
- Raley’s is the seventeenth largest private company in California, according to the November 2014 issue of Forbes magazine, and it is listed as the nation’s 27th largest among all supermarket chains in the May 2008 issue of Progressive Grocer magazine.
- Raley’s annual revenue is $3 billion.
- Raley’s is known nationally for pioneering the NutriClean program, which tests for pesticide levels in produce. The program is known as AgriCheck.
- Raley’s is the first grocery chain in the nation to establish a comprehensive program of food safety and sanitation practices storewide.
Raley’s owns and operates 121 stores: 72 Raley’s; 20 Bel Air Markets; 20 Nob Hill Foods supermarkets, and 9 Food Source stores. In addition, Raley’s owns and operates 13 Aisle 1 Fuel Stations throughout Northern California and Nevada.
RALEY’S was founded by Thomas P. Raley in 1935 in Placerville, CA. Raley’s has since grown to include 75 stores in Northern California and Nevada. Raley’s is known for offering fine meats and produce, sparkling clean stores and friendly service.
BEL AIR MARKETS, a 20-store chain founded by the Wong family in 1955 in Sacramento, CA, was acquired by Raley’s in 1992. Bel Air Markets are located throughout the greater Sacramento area. Bel Air has a long tradition of commitment to the finest fresh meat and produce, quality merchandise and excellent customer service.
NOB HILL FOODS was founded by the Bonfante family in 1934 in San Martin, CA. Raley’s purchased the Nob Hill Foods chain of stores in January 1998. Nob Hill Foods supermarkets are located throughout the East Bay, South Bay and the Central Coast region of California. The 22 Nob Hill Foods stores have a tradition of commitment to quality, variety and excellent customer service.
FOOD SOURCE was launched in 1994 with the opening of a store in Folsom, CA. There are now 9 warehouse-format stores in Northern California and Nevada, one location focused on wine, beer and spirits. Food Source has earned a reputation for clean, wholesome stores and a commitment to quality and customer savings.
AISLE 1 FUEL STATIONS are located at 13 select Raley’s, Bel Air Markets and Nob Hill Foods. They offer full-service fuel, car wash and convenience items. Something Extra members are eligible for fuel rewards at our Aisle 1 locations.
Raley’s corporate Support Center is located at 500 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento, CA. The office can be reached at (916) 373-3333. Click here to contact Raley’s.
- With approximately 12,000 employees, Raley’s is the largest family-owned company in the greater Sacramento region.
- Raley’s pays competitive wages in the industry and offers excellent benefits.
- The average number of employees per store, full-time and part-time: 100.