Raley’s showed our community pride Friday, Sept. 26 at the Barrels and Bites event benefitting the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows. It was the third year Raley’s participated in the event – formerly called Vintage Nevada – and our presence was bigger than ever.
More than 3,000 attendees of the event – held at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno – enjoyed specialty wines, beers, spirits, tasty eats and silent and live auctions. The event raises funds for the Boys & Girls club, which serves more than 12,000 children annually in northern Nevada. Wine Expert Curtis Mann sampled some fantastic wines and Raley’s team members and vendor partners served Raley’s artisan breads, chips and fresh shrimp salsa, fresh produce, deli meats and salads and even an olive bar. Our tasting was so successful, we’ve been asked to be the featured booth next year!
“I am so proud of our team and the efforts they all put forward,” says Brad Poalillo, Food Service Merchandising Team Leader. “It’s truly amazing to see what can be accomplished when we all pull together. Raley’s believes in giving back to the community, and the best part was, this all benefited the Boys & Girls Club.”
A big shout out to all of the team members who helped to make this event a success!
Special thanks to:
- District Team Leader: Joe Mowery
- Merchandising Team Leaders: Charlie Hunt, Fil Dena (and wife Laurie), Brad Poalillo
- Store Team Leaders: Bill Lavelle, Mike Mazza, Scott Dacus, Shawn Williams
- Assistant Store Team Leaders: Russ McBroome, Paul Morris
- Food Service Team Members: Kelly Cheeseman (and husband Gerry), Pam Sullivan, Michelle Jones, Joe Vargus, Chelsea Becker
- Meat Team Members: Will Pearson, Morgan Solace, Emilio Rodriguez, Tabitha Allen
- Human Resource Business Partner: Bonnie Wagner (and husband Rusty)
- Administrative Assistant: Kristen Scurry