$5,000 Raley’s Shopping Spree Goes to Chris Howard for Original 30-second Commercial
By Amy Davis | Wednesday March 18, 2009
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Raley’s is thrilled to announce that customer – and Bel Air employee – Chris Howard is the winner of a $5,000 Raley’s shopping spree. His entry was selected as the best homemade 30-second commercial in the Raley’s Private Brands Commercial Contest.
From over sixty entries – some mailed in on DVD’s, many posted online – the judges panel chose the top three submissions, from Pleasanton customer Matt Abbott, Loomis customer Paul Renken and the winner, Chris from Roseville. Then, the three videos were posted on raleys.com for the public to view and vote on. The contest was open to both customers and Raley’s employees, to give all shoppers the opportunity to showcase their interest in Raley’s Private Brands.
“We were very pleased with the number of responses we received for our video contest. There were lots of fun and original ideas submitted,” said Margaret Lombard, Vice President of Marketing. “We are also impressed by the time and energy people spent creating their entries. It was great to see what they like best about Raley’s Brands. We thank every participant for taking the time to create a commercial.”
The two runners-up will receive $100 gift cards each, while all other qualifying entries will receive a $10 Raley’s gift card as a special thank you for participating from the Raley’s Private Brands team.
An employee at the Bel Air in Antelope, Chris is excited to have been selected as the winner. He shops at the Bel Air on Sunrise Ave. and Cirby in Roseville and plans to spend the money on feeding his three children. He also hopes to pursue other opportunities in art and film as a hobby.
Chris receives his grand prize at a special reception hosted by the Roseville Bel Air on Sunrise and Cirby (1039 Sunrise Ave.) at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 22. To watch Chris’ winning commercial, click here.
Did You Know? Raley’s Private Brand Facts:
- Nob Hill Trading Co. Aged Balsamic Vinegar is produced by an exclusive source in Modena, Italy and is aged for eight years.
- Raley’s Maple Syrup is made by a seventh-generation syrup maker in Vermont.
- Raley’s Olive Oil is produced in Spain, the world’s biggest source.
- All Full Circle grocery products are all-natural and USDA certified organic.
- All Sunnyside Farms milk is made from cows not treated with any growth hormones.
- Raley’s Fresh Produce Cut Fruit and Vegetables are as fresh as can be – they’re prepared and delivered daily.